In order to operate PropertyBid services, and as applicable a bidder qualification service, and to reduce the risk of fraud, PropertyBid (“PropertyBid” or “we”) must ask you to provide us information about yourself and your credit card and/or bank account.
Internal Uses: We collect, store and process your personal information on servers located in the United States and Canada. We use the information we collect about you in order to 1) to provide our services and process your transactions, 2) to provide customer service, 3) to determine your eligibility to bid, and 4) to improve our products and services 4) to collect payment from you in the event where you fail to voluntarily make payment. We also work with third party merchants to enable them to accept payments from you. We will share personally identifiable information you provide to validate the status of your ability to pay for items, to verify your identity and to protect the best interests of PropertyBid. You permit PropertyBid to return verification results of the validity of the personally identifiable information passed to PropertyBid. PropertyBid will also disclose to other PropertyBid customers the number of payments you have received from verified PropertyBid customers (as defined in the User Agreement on the www.PropertyBid.ca site), or other aggregate measures that provide an indication of your reputation with other PropertyBid customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties Other Than PropertyBid Customers: PropertyBid will not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties. PropertyBid will not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with your express permission (and with other PropertyBid customers as described above). These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is shared.
1. We share information with companies that help us process the transactions you request and protect our customers’ transactions from fraud, such as sharing your credit card number with a service that screens for lost and stolen card numbers. See “Information About You From Third Parties” in Section B above. We may disclose the information we collect from you to companies that market PropertyBid-related products and services on our behalf. Additionally, if you go into a negative balance and owe us money, we may share information with processing companies including collection agencies.
2. We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of our User Agreement. For example, this means that if we conduct a fraud investigation and conclude that one side has engaged in deceptive practices, we can give that person or entity’s contact information (but not bank account or credit card information) to victims who request it.
3. We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
4. We share aggregated statistical data with our business partners or for public relations. For example, we may disclose that a specific percentage of our users live in Toronto. However, this aggregated information is not tied to personally identifiable information.
6. We share your information with our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and joint ventures to help coordinate the services we provide to you, enforce our terms and conditions, and promote trust and safety.
Our Contacts with PropertyBidCustomers: We communicate with users on a regular basis via e-mail to provide requested services, and we also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We use your e-mail address and/or bidder registration information to provide information and to send information about important changes to our products and services, market new auctions or services to you and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. Generally, users will have the option to opt out of these communications. We also use your e-mail address to send you other types of communications that you can control, including the PropertyBid Periodical newsletter, auction tips, customer surveys, auction notifications, and notice of special third-party promotions or auctions.
Internet Address Information: We use IP addresses, browser types and access times to analyze trends, administer the site, improve site performance and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS: